Chakra is the Sanskrit word for wheel. Energy centers throughout your body. The chakras act like transformers to bring in subtle energy from the universal supply of Ki (primal life energy) that is all around us.
The chakras can be blocked or distorted in their functioning thus adversely affecting the flow of Ki into one’s energy system. Paying attention to areas of your body that are ailing can help identify what is really going on with you.
When we begin the journey through the chakras we open the way for healing psychological development and spiritual growth to happen. The chakras are the key to physical health, emotional stability and mental clarity.
Learn how to pay attention to the body and identify what is unbalanced. Heal the mind, body and spirit through our 7 week Chakra training course.
Chakra – Seven Types
There are seven chakras are the centers in our bodies in which energy flows through:
- Root – This represents our foundation and our feeling of being grounded. Emotional issues include survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
- Sacral – This is our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. Emotional issues include a sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
- Solar Plexus – This is our ability to be confident and in control of our lives. Emotional issues include self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Heart – This is our ability to love. Emotional issues include love, joy and inner peace.
- Throat – This is our ability to communicate. Emotional issues include communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
- Third Eye – This is our ability to focus on and see the big picture. Emotional issues include intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
- Crown – This is the highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. Emotional issues include inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
You can learn more about Chakras on the official Wikipedia page.